Here’s the recording from our recent live call about nature mentoring skills.
I was completely blown away by how awesome this call was.
The conversation went VERY deep and I had a chance to talk about some really core mindsets & ways to approach nature connection mentoring that I’ve never shared before.
The group was amazing and included folks at the beginner level… all the way through to leadership of mindfulness retreats & large nature connection programs serving hundreds of people.
My favorite highlight was doing a live demonstration of using language, listening skills, and asking questions to do “Invisible Schooling”.
We unpacked the whole process of dialogue that really forms the core “mentoring” part of “nature mentoring”.
And we also looked at some very high level community dynamics for designing teams of mentors and measuring the growth of awareness in a culture of people.
We talked about:
- The difference between nature education & nature mentoring
- The power of dialogue to transform awareness patterns just by talking to someone
- Your impact comes from who you are… not what you do
- How to assess someone’s level of awareness by listening to the words they use
- How questions build vivid mental acuity for patterns in nature
- What to do when your students have more knowledge than you… can you still help them?
- The importance of filling up your naturalist “battery” and creating a culture of deep nature connection
The MP3 is ready to download here. Enjoy!